I got a package today from Dipmicro. I’m going to show off the things in this small package and then go through all of the projects I’ve got planned. See if you can guess a project or two by the end of the pictures.
They were having a sale on Atmega328 chips so I had to pick one up. If things work out, I’d definitely get more to make more projects that can stand by themselves without the entire Arduino development board.
Some capacitors and an oscillator for the Atmega chip.The only buttons I had before were pulled from toys and things. I don’t have any left so I got some more.A sound module because I didn’t feel like building an amplifier for the mic I have.Some photoresistors…These parts have joined the pile of parts on my desk. This sight means I’ve got a project upcoming. In this case, I’ve got five projects!
Light Timer Modification [REVISIT]
The Light Timer project has been running fine. However, since I don’t use really any of the extra features, I’ve stripped it down to the bare minimum. I’m taking it to the real basics. The lights are not going to be on a timer anymore. Rather, they’ll use the photoresistor to sense the light level in the area and adjust the lighting accordingly.
– Real-time clock and Arduino Uno board will be stripped from the Light Timer project.
– It will run on a circuit built using the Atmega chip.
– It will now use a photo resistor for the logic in turning on and off the lights.
Light Nametag [NEW]
I plan too many projects that end up going to waste. I’d like to have projects that I leave around to showcase. That’s why I’m thinking simple for this and the next project. This project will likely be two LED-lit name tags… one for my real first name and an ASIMOWALK5 one. Simple. If the Light Timer Modification project goes well (if the standalone Atmega circuit works), I will set up the same circuit for the two nametags so I can have them doing patterns. If that doesn’t work, I’m still fine with them just being on all the time.
– Two nametags. One spelling my real first name. One spelling ASIMOWALK5. They will each be their own solid colors.
– Possibly controlled by an Atmega chip, depending on how the Light Timer Modification project goes.
Desk Light Package [NEW]
There was a time not too long ago when I wanted to turn my desk into one “big” light show programmed to music. I just want a basic lighting system now. My desk is more of a station with bookshelves and drawers. I plan on giving parts of the desk different colors. No programming here, just a simple on/off switch on the battery pack.
– Lighting package for all of the areas of my desk.
– No “brains” (controllers) behind it; Battery powered and turned on and off by a switch.
Animatronic Head [NEW]
This is the big project of this group of plans. I’m still going back and forth on the details, but basically I want to create an animatronic desk buddy…
– Head and facial features include: LED matrix eyes, LCD mouth, servos for neck (pan/tilt), 8ohm speaker for short audible feedback.
– Sensory features may include: Temperature/Humidity sensor, Real Time Clock, Light, Sound.
PLC Trainer Program [REVISIT]
The last project is to get me back to practicing my ladder logic programming. I will probably try my hand at another mixing tank program. I usually do a full write up of the scenario and layout the buttons and that sort of thing. It will be a while because this has the least priority, though I do want to make it ongoing while I work on other projects.
So that’s the plans I’ve got! I’m excited because even though the main project, the animatronic head, is somewhat ambitious, I’ve still got other smaller projects to keep me going. Stay tuned for updates!