Let’s go back to basics, shall we?I decided to throw out the whole breakaway section idea. It complicated things and there’s always the chance of a bad break. I put everything back on one board, which is now down to a 3x3cm footprint, 38% smaller than Rev A. The space savings come from less silkscreen text (removed the word “Pin” for the pin numbers) and using SMD components for the power LED indicator and resistor. I would have gone with an SMD capacitor but it costs more than the usual through-hole electrolytic capacitor, at least from where I get my components for these boards. With the price appearing to go up to get these boards manufactured, I’m looking for savings.
Another thing that changed with this sub-revision is that all of the pads are circles and are bigger than they have been on previous boards. They were kind of a pain to solder because any circular pads were really thin. I’m still working out the right size but I’m happy that I know out how to address that issue now.
To date, the Attiny85 board was my most “Watched” item on eBay so I take that as an indicator of interest for this kind of thing so I’m set on getting these made. Being 3x3cm, I can’t fit two on one 5x5cm board which is what I have to work with to get manufactured. I’ll probably do something simple with the rest of the space but I want to nail down this one first. Thanks for reading!