ATmega328p Breakout Test Results

In my last post, I talked about the tests I did with the AMS1117 Board. Now it’s over to the ATmega328p Breakout Board. The testing was a lot simpler, and included the AMS1117 board.IMG_20140919_121331This was it. The test was just to run a sketch on the ATmega328 microcontroller, uploaded using an Arduino Uno. The sketch was some patterns that used all 17 outputs (the 11 (not using RX or TX), plus the analog in pins used as digital outputs). The chasing patterns made sure that that the pads were connected in order. Here’s a video:

IMG_20140919_154612I used my multimeter to do some other tests. I tested the other pads on the board (RX/0, TX/1, and the Vcc and GND pads) with the multimeter. I also measured the curent flowing between the AMS1117 and the ATmega328 board. The reading in the picture above is from when all of the LEDs are on.

One thing I realized is that the 1A fuse for the uA and mA setting on my multimeter is blown. I went looking for them and the cheapest I can find is a 20 pack for ~$5… The A setting works just fine so I can live with it. The fuse on the A setting is 10A so it should last a while and would be the one I’m more willing to replace if it does blow someday.

Anyways, thanks for reading! I’m still planning out some projects so stay tuned!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s