7-segment counter completed!

Nearly 24 hours later after completing the breadboarded prototype, I’m happy to say that it’s all been soldered and complete!
IMG_1175Ever since I started planning out my perfboard layouts ahead of soldering, I’ve been successful. I drew up this plan last night, and I was a little worried. Luckily, the connections itself aren’t very hard to follow so I could still quickly figure out what goes where if I couldn’t follow the drawing.
IMG_1176This is the completed board.IMG_1177This was my first attempt at making “far” connections on the backside of the board. The downside is that it can’t sit nice and flat on a table, but it makes the front of the board a little neater. I had a couple of scares testing the end result. I had to go back about three times. Fortunately, the problems were just missed connections, which is much easier to deal with than swapped connections.IMG_1182It works just like on the breadboard, and that’s all I ask of it. I didn’t solder the Attiny chip directly o because I’d like to keep playing around with the programming, maybe experiment with scrolling messages.

Here’s a short look and demo of the project in a video:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s