Temperature/Humidity Sensor Soldered. Again.

It’s been a while since I touched the Temperature & Humidity Monitor project. I’ve been thinking about making it a standalone device, combining it with the real time clock and LCD I have sitting around.

IMG_0810I decided to transfer the sensor onto a new board. I cut a piece of perfboard and soldered it on, trying to be neater than last time. IMG_0812Somewhat unnecessary layout but I think it looks nice.testI tested it and it worked fine. This time, I put my soldering iron near it and tried to get the temperature to rise. I’ve never experimented with it like this so I just found out that the graph doesn’t rise past 30ºC. I’ll probably go back in and fix that.

A part of me would be bothered if I couldn’t get the sensor to work with the Visual Basic program once it becomes part of a standalone project without the Arduino board. I haven’t tried making a serial connection with an Atmega328 chip by itself. For now, the sensor would probably not be permanently mounted to anything so I can always plug it back into an Arduino and work on the VB program if I chose to.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s