Only one LED was sacrificed

So I went ahead and tested the additional 8 LED outputs on a breadboard. The first problem I had was I accidentally had all of the LEDs reversed because I had made a mistake in the wiring and didn’t turn them around to reflect it. I’m still wrapping my head around the second issue, but I must have shorted an output branch somehow because one of the LEDs burned out and I was getting an insane current reading. I replaced the LED and did over the wiring for that branch and it worked as it should.IMG_20140206_105841The current readings check out fine. I’m getting about 11mA for each branch which makes sense ((4.8v-2.1v)/220Ω = ~12mA).

The next step is building a surface to put the LEDs on. Time to bring out the cardboard…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s