[Re]wired up!

I hop from one project to another, so I do some work on the trainer and then not touch it for weeks. I finally felt it was time to rewire the panel because it was just a disaster. I used a smaller gauge wire solid core wire this time. The first time, I used a larger gauge because I had never really worked with any more than 12 volts and was paranoid something was going to happen. I checked the ratings of this wire and it’s just fine. The result was so much cleaner:

IMG_20130406_102231

IMG_20130406_102327

For that Arduino project that ended up selling, it was originally designed to use my PLC parts. Plans were changed so I was left with a couple of extra goodies. My trainer now has a proximity sensor…

IMG_20130406_114515

… And an additional output module. I wired up 8 white 5mm LEDs. I know it’s horrible, but I used a voltage divider to step down 24v to 5v. (This is what my next modification will be.)
IMG_20130407_150922

There was an issue with the new white LEDs. Whenever there was multiple white LEDs on, the second white LED would fade to almost off. I figure it’s probably a power issue with my sketchy voltage divider. At that point, I took the second white LED offline and connected it to a relay I picked up:

I did a video of all of the features just prior to getting the relay:

So as I mentioned, I’ll be working on that voltage divider crap I did. I’ll cover the progress here and hopefully all goes well. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s