I’m happy to present a new video showing off some changes to Frank, my Arduino robot:
Here are the changes to him since the first video:
- The LED is almost never off. The songs may do its own thing with it, but it transitions between red, green, and blue as he roams about.
- A couple of switches were added so I didn’t have to plug wires into the breadboard to power things on. Unfortunately, I only have two switches so I couldn’t add one for power to the Arduino board.
- More tape everywhere to keep things on him better.
- He can now sing the Canadian national anthem. I thought that made sense since he now wears a Canada flag pin.
- I replaced a lot of the prototyping breadboard wires with my own hand-cut wires. It reduces the amount of extra wire piled up on him.
- The biggest improvement is that Frank now checks both of his sides while he’s roaming. Before, if he was heading toward a wall on an angle, he wouldn’t pick it up and would roll right into it. Now, he’s a bit more cautious and I haven’t had any similar problems.
So there you have it. I think the only thing to do now is replace everything cardboard on him (except his head for some character) with a more durable material. Only then would I bring him up to 2.0.
Thanks for reading!